There’s no reason to give up on hand held tacos when going low carb! This is a great portable food alternative if you are following a Ketogenic or low carb lifestyle, even if you don’t this is still an awesome option to switch things up on Taco Tuesday.
You just need one simple ingredient: CHEESE!
With 1 oz of cheese, a warm pan & something to drape it over you have a fun taco shell alternative.
In my video I draped my cheese over a homemade taco form but some people even put a long stirring spoon over a pot and hang it that way.
- 1 oz of cheddar cheese per shell
- Preheat small pan on medium.
- Add 1 oz of cheddar to heated skillet. Be patient! let the cheese cook until the edges have browned and you can easily slip the spatula beneath it. Approx 3-5 min.
- Flip cheese and let cook an additional 1-3 min, this side doesn’t take as long.
- Once cooked drap over whatever taco form you decide to use.
- Let cool and continue this process until you’ve made all the shells you want.
These shells are very versatile, I like to use any leftover shells to make breakfast tacos the next day!
Until my next post just remember,
Hydrate. Satiate. Celebrate!