Pizza is love, pizza is life. There’s no reason to give up pizza when on a ketogenic or low carb diet! With a simple cheese base the only thing limiting the possibilities for this crispy pizza is your imagination. I skipped the middle man and went straight to the delicious toppings.
A lot of people enjoy fathead pizza crust but I have a small almond sensitivity that led me to looking for different options. Bonus points making this skillet pizza really cuts down on carbs and calories, I’d rather put my carbs towards more toppings!
Here I went with a pepperoni and cheese base then topped it with more diced pepperoni, bacon, fresh jalapeno & ranch.
Crispy Skillet Pizza
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 oz shredded mozzarella
- 1 oz pepperoni, slices
- 1 oz pepperoni, diced
- 1 strips of cooked bacon, diced
- 10g fresh jalapeno, sliced & deseeded
- 1 tbsp Ranch
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Set your burner to medium heat and line the bottom of the pan with the pepperoni slices, try to space evenly.
- Add in you mozzarella and let it start to melt. Once it starts to melt add your desired amount of Italian Seasoning.
- Next you want to add whatever toppings you want to go with. Once toppings are added let the cheese continue to cook until your edges start getting dark and crispy.
- Once you think the cheese will release from your skillet and everything looks cooked to your liking remove the pizza from the burner and transfer it to your plate.
- Finish with adding any desired topping and cutting into however many slices you want it to be. I drizzled the ranch right on top of mine!
kcal – 290 protein – 22g fat – 22g carbs – 2g fiber – 0g NET = 2g
kcal – 573 protein – 35g fat – 49g carbs – 3g fiber – 0g NET = 3g
Until my next post just remember,
Hydrate. Satiate. Celebrate!